[sakai2-tcc] Annotation based injection within Sakai components

Aaron Zeckoski azeckoski at unicon.net
Wed May 16 09:15:58 PDT 2012

For the benefit of those of us with the "curse of knowledge". I would
love a list of how these other systems are easier to get started with
and develop from someone who is newer to Sakai development. I don't
find the "Sakai development sucks" and "X development is awesome"
comments helpful at all without details.

I do like the plugin style development in Moodle, Drupal, Wordpress,
Blackboard, etc. Being able to upload a chunk of code as a plugin is
nice for sure but I don't find it really speeds up my development that
much. I typically just edit my code right on the wordpress or
blackboard instance rather than re-uploading the plugins over and over
so that's really more of an admin benefit IMO.
The really dev benefit tends to be the support in the platform that
makes it easy to control versioning (DB updates, migrations, etc.) and
built in support for plugin configuration and things like that.
I think that stuff could be built for Sakai but I question the ROI
(and especially the opportunity cost) at this point in time.

-AZ