[sakai2-tcc] post conference TCC meeting?

Matthew Jones matthew at longsight.com
Mon Mar 19 08:39:55 PDT 2012

Yea, nobody *needs* to know old school Sakai development unless they want
to do maintenance (and if that's the case we could talk to them outside of
this session). I agree that administration of Sakai CLE and integration
with external tools is still a useful area and something that's often
overlooked in the regular sessions. John Leasia used to give a good
configuring Sakai presentation in the past at and before Boston [1], and
Kara at rSmart picked it up at Denver [2] but I don't think anyone did
anything as indepth at L.A. The only people that know are the ones who have
been working in the software for a long time, and most of those Admin pages
haven't gotten any easier.

The integrations are a good idea because there are a lot of them out there
in the contrib space, and even more available via LTI that I'd bet most
people don't even know about. And it's much easier to integrate your app
with LTI (if you only need simple grading or what can be provided via
EB/WS) in your app. Building that out and adding more external features
would be nice. There were a bunch of contributed patch tickets for adding
more external interfaces that the release team noticed doing these reviews
that had been hanging out there too for various tools.

I don't think this is something one person can/should take over, and the
'expert panel' has seemed a good idea in the past.

[1] http://www.slideshare.net/jleasiaum/configuring-sakai-boston09
[2] http://www.slideshare.net/raraweez/configuring-sakai2010denverconference