[sakai2-tcc] [Building Sakai] Google Summer of Code 2012

Matthew Jones matthew at longsight.com
Tue Mar 6 11:58:48 PST 2012

Well with flash never being supported on iOS and being depreciated from
Android, it probably doesn't have too long of a future anyway, so by the
time this was done it might be obsolete in flash. Though there were some
pretty neat looking uploaders. An html5 version though would be great!

Having a *good* bulk upload in content is certainly something I've wanted
for awhile but the pieces just didn't seem to be there. I also wish that
a ProgressListener was implemented so that there was a status bar for a
user to be able to tell how long the upload was going to continue taking,
and maybe someday even upload in the background.

The was some work to use the fluid uploader a few years ago at Michigan but
that was unfinished. It looks like the fluidproject website is down at the
moment, so I don't know what's up with that either.

I agree though that content really is in need of some usability
improvements on the backend and frontend. :( And it also seems like any
thick client is going to have some issues at the moment, unless something
unlikely happens like if Dropbox open sources their client, as we could
probably implement that style api.

Locally I was reminded of a app that has a free and pro version of webdav
for iOS and Android that is also known to work with Sakai Dav, though the
mobile portal is also mostly functional.
http://seanashton.net/webdav/