[sakai2-tcc] [cle-kernel-team] [cle-release-team] retiring the kernel team

Charles Severance csev at umich.edu
Tue Jun 19 05:54:31 PDT 2012

I am for retiring the concept of the kernel team as a "structural entity" with rules and procedures.  It should be run like any other group of committers (i.e. like portal).   The kernel committer group can decide how to work (i.e. meetings, etc... or just email ... )

It is OK to have/keep an kernel email list if folks want it.   If we have a kernel email list it should be like the TCC list (i.e. anyone can join and anyone can post).  I doubt the kernel committers need a private lst - for the portal when we want to talk about a new committer - simply mailing the other existing committers directly is enough.   No need for a private list for 2 messages per year.

/Chuck