[sakai2-tcc] Roster2 replacing Roster Classique

Steve Swinsburg steve.swinsburg at gmail.com
Tue Jun 19 03:52:13 PDT 2012

I thought the idea was that roster2 would just delegate all image requests to profile2. So it didn't have the option for one or the other, it would just show an image.

You will hit the problem where the cool uploaded image actually is the official image, since users can activate that and it will override in profile2. I don't see a lot of value in retaining the radio button to toggle between.

An institution can configure what images are shown p, and what users are able to set themselves, in the settings for profile2. If people really want to be able to see both, it needs much more work.

Off the top of my head you will need to extend the profile2 image entity provider to pass in an option to specifically request official images. You'll then need to do some work in the profileimagelogic API to expose a method that returns the official profile image. I'm not sure I'd be a fan of splitting that since the goal was that there would be one method that everyone calls no matter what, and it handles everything from privacy to preferences, and always returns something.
Right now, all options are handled in the one method, getprofileimage, which could easily be extended right now to handle the filesystem official images.

Small change in behavior of how the roster works, but I think it will still capture all use cases that people have.

cheers,

Sent from my iPad