[sakai2-tcc] TCC Vice-Chair Candidates Needed

Beth Kirschner bkirschn at umich.edu
Mon Jan 16 11:57:20 PST 2012

Hi everyone,

   At the end of this month, Aaron will take my place as the Chair of the TCC group and we will have an opening for a new vice-chair. An overview of our governance and roles is available at https://confluence.sakaiproject.org/display/TCC/TCC+Governance

   Basically, the vice-chair is in a backup role for a period of 6 months, with the expectation that he/she will follow as the chair for an additional 6 months, followed by a period of retirement and the well-wishes and accolades of all your peers :-)

   For our group to be effective, everyone should expect to serve a term as the vice-chair and chair. Please let me know of your nominations (or self-nominations) for the role of vice-chair by the end of this week (January 20th).

   Please also let me know your opinion as to whether a seat on the Sakai Foundation board should be considered an implicit conflict of interest or not (we currently have 16 members, with 4 of us having served as current or retired chairs/vice-chairs, and 3 of us on the board).

Thanks,
- Beth