[sakai2-tcc] direct urls (including short urls) to tools in the portal

Steve Swinsburg steve.swinsburg at gmail.com
Wed Feb 29 05:24:34 PST 2012

There is one config option to enable it globally, and that activates the entire UI.

However for the URLs to be actually shortened then that part needs to be activated, otherwise the URL is just returned as is, it is a no-op by default. So you'd set either the randomised impl (shown below), or the bit.ly impl.
shortenedurl.implementation=org.sakaiproject.shortenedurl.api.RandomisedUrlService

The Shortened URL Service is an included service as of 2.8 so there is nothing extra to install for that.

It's possible to separate the display of the Short URL and checkbox out into another property for configuration, if people only wanted to show the direct url for whatever reason, and not have the ability to shorten it, but I'd need to adjust the code (slightly).

cheers,