[sakai2-tcc] Summary of TCC - CLECC meeting from Wednesday, Dec 19

Neal Caidin nealcaidin at sakaifoundation.org
Fri Dec 21 09:52:44 PST 2012

Hi TCC folks,

We had a rather extensive discussion on our last call, but it seems inappropriate to write a lengthy email when it is the holidays. Perhaps we can pick up the threads of these discussions at a later date and/or I can provide more details as necessary.

The themes were:

* Jira Review process with TCC - I've gotten some great feedback on this and am going to continue to push on it. Other ways of doing this were discussed but want to give this a little more time for TCC members to respond. How to track the assignment and follow up of issues was a major theme. Good discussion. Still thinking on it.

* Schedule of releases - lots of discussion on schedule of releases. 2.9.2 and 2.10 also came up on CLE release call on Thursday. Planning will start on 2.9.2 in January. I think the hope is that 2.10 discussions are about ready to be revitalized. More discussion on release schedules might not be a bad idea. Need to focus on community needs. Review assumptions.

As far as 2.9.1 goes, we have not yet got an RC01 out. I suspect we will have RC01 out the first week in January, but not sure. I think we should have 2.9.1 GA (aka production or General availability) out in January (mid to late January), but it depends on how the first couple of weeks go, since folks may come back late from vacation and have back-to-school stuff that occupies them. We'll have to wait and see.

Cheers and Happy Holidays!!!

Sincerely,

Your Community Coordinator