[sakai2-tcc] Doodle poll was Re: Meeting with CLE Community Coordinator

David Horwitz david.horwitz at uct.ac.za
Thu Aug 2 06:03:11 PDT 2012

Hi Neal,

A time that suits everyone will be nigh impossible, I think its more of
a matter of of being upfront about who's participation is limited by the
time chosen.  This is why at conferences I generally speak against over
reliance on synchronous discussion.

The spread of Time Zones in the group that I know of:

Canberra UCT+10
South Africa UCT+2
France & Holland UCT+1/UCT+2
UK UTC/UCT+1
Eastern UTC-4/UCT-5

At UTC+2 anything later than about 10 or 11 Eastern tends to fall
outside of office hours and is liable to clash with non work commitments.

Regards

David