[sakai2-tcc] [Building Sakai] Proposal: trunk is 2.9 from Sept-Jan until sakai-2.9.0-rc01 is ready for tagging

Matthew Jones jonespm at umich.edu
Fri Sep 16 21:19:00 PDT 2011

I also like this approach. (+1) All of the release team and branch team is
developers so it seemed to be either a decision between devoting time to
fixing bugs (and keeping out new features) or merging fixes (and having less
time to fix bugs).

I also know people might be scrambling to get last minute changes in before
Tuesday and now, like in the past, freeze has typically just meant "freeze
from new major unfinished features". Small previous finished or nearly
finished features, bug fixes found during testing and security fixes will
most certainly get in during this alpha/beta phase. We'll just watching for
commits (in step 3 mentioned by Anthony) that change a ton of files or look
like they're adding something substantial.