[sakai2-tcc] Moving forward with releases

Sam Ottenhoff ottenhoff at longsight.com
Thu Nov 10 14:03:16 PST 2011

> That brings me to the pom setup. I see no reason why master pom and the
> base pom should not be combined. Then we have only one pom that needs to be
> kept up to date.

I think we all agree on this.  We talked about it on the CLE Release Team
call this morning.

Who needs warning before this is changed?  Do we just need a simple warning
to sakai-dev for people who have custom build scripts?  Or is this going to
break more than I expect?  Steve, are you willing to commit the change once
we give warning?

> The master pom is then updated with the stable versions of all of the
> artifacts, and the release (and all of the source modules) tagged using the
> Maven release plugin.
>
> More on poms: each module should be adjusted so they they use versions for
> dependencies from properties, rather than explicitly listing them in their
> poms. I noticed yesterday that site-manage is now using commons lang 3
> (which has a package change too) yet commons lang 2.5 is in shared. Why?
> There is no need for that. The particular fix used a class from
> commons-lang that had been around for ages.

Agree, it sounds like a mistake.  Let's file a JIRA and fix.  site-manage
builds are the responsibility of the release team.  I don't believe anyone
else is working on independent builds of site-manage.