[sakai2-tcc] Sakai 2.7.2 and Sakai 2.8.1

Sam Ottenhoff ottenhoff at longsight.com
Thu Nov 3 08:03:06 PDT 2011

> The following tickets affects/fix versions are/were incorrect.  In each
> case it looks like a branch manager failed to ensure that the affects/fix
> version were properly updated after performing a merge to the relevant *.x
> branch.
>
> https://jira.sakaiproject.org/browse/SAK-21071
> https://jira.sakaiproject.org/browse/SAK-21115 (related to SAK-21071)
> https://jira.sakaiproject.org/browse/SAK-21015
> https://jira.sakaiproject.org/browse/SAK-21078 (I updated the fix version
> last night)
> https://jira.sakaiproject.org/browse/SAK-20913 (I updated the fix version
> last night)

I will go back and review these.  I believe I began tagging items as Fix
for Version 2.8.2 after I thought we had frozen the 2.8.1 tag.

As I just mentioned on the 10am CLE Release Team call, Sakai 2.8.1 is much
improved over 2.8.0.  There are more than 100 bug fixes including many
fixes to major, major regressions in Samigo, Announcements, Citation
Helper, and Email Archive.

The Samigo issues relate to the new "Quick publish" feature.  The
Announcements regressions were related to the new message order feature
(loss of delayed announcement notification and bad ordering of new
messages).  Citation Helper and Email Archive were regressions caused by
the switch to StringUtils from our custom StringUtil.

--Sam