[sakai2-tcc] Maintenance Branch Merge candidate: SAK-14625

Jean-Francois Leveque jean-francois.leveque at upmc.fr
Wed May 18 08:45:50 PDT 2011

Hi all,

Here is a try to follow
https://confluence.sakaiproject.org/display/TCC/Maintenance+Branch+Merge+Policy.

The discussion is open about https://jira.sakaiproject.org/browse/SAK-14625

My opinion and questions follow:

> The change is narrow in scope (modest changes to a single project)

+1

> The change has been reviewed and approved by tool lead for the maintenance branch

AFAICT, Drop box is maintained by the MT. Is the fact that a MT member
requests the merge enough?

> The change does not require database changes

+1

> The change has been running in production for one month minimum

+1

> Changes that could impact internationalization negatively must be tested in two languages that are not variants of the same country.

+1: it's already running with 3 different languages in production, even
if it has no impact.

> The change is non-disruptive to the user experience ( I.e. changes that don't require user retraining and are unlikely to break existing customizations). Exceptions to this rule may be made if the change is configurable and is disabled by default.

+1, unless I'm missing something.

> Prior to merging, the change must be tested with the target maintenance branch, by the requesting institution, using a documented test plan.

I let David Roldán Martínez answer, but think he can do this.

> The change must be preceded by a public announcement on the production and dev lists that alerts community members to the impending addition of a new feature in one or more maintenance branches. The announcement will describe the new feature, configuration options, test plans, relevant tickets, etc. When the change is committed a follow-up announcement listing the branch revision incorporating the change will be published. The information provided in such announcements will also be added to relevant release notes in Confluence and elsewhere.

I also think this can be done.

WDYT?

Cheers,

J-F