[sakai2-tcc] Pepperdine University Joins Sakai Foundation Partner Program

Regan, Alan Alan.Regan at pepperdine.edu
Tue May 3 11:34:18 PDT 2011

Dear Sakai community,

I just wanted to share the good news that Pepperdine University has joined the Sakai Foundation. In the fall of 2010 we decided to adopt Sakai as our official learning management system.  We fully transitioned to Sakai on January 1, 2011.  To support the great work of the Sakai community, we recently decided to join the Sakai Foundation.  We're very grateful for everyone's efforts making Sakai a great platform for teaching, learning, and research.

You can read our press release here:
http://services.pepperdine.edu/it/newsevents/news/2011/pepperdinesakaipartner.htm

In addition, we're excited that the North American 2011 Sakai Conference will be in our backyard, Los Angeles, California!  Don't be surprised if you see several people from Pepperdine at the event.  We invited over 50 of our university faculty and staff members to participate in this year's Sakai conference.  So that you have a great visit to Los Angeles, we've also contributed to the "Dining and Things to Do" page of the conference gateway wiki.

Video: The Value of Attending the Annual Sakai Conference
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Mvs39nAYUI

2011 Sakai Conference Gateway: Dining and Things to Do
https://confluence.sakaiproject.org/display/CONF2011/Dining+and+Things+To+Do

So, thank you, all, for creating a powerful and flexible platform to promote teaching, learning, and research.  We're proud to become a partner, and we hope to see many of you at the conference in June!

Sincerely,

Alan Regan, MFA
Manager, Technology and Learning
Information Technology