[sakai2-tcc] KNL-652 site caching testing (UMich preliminary testing)

Seth Theriault slt at columbia.edu
Tue Mar 15 06:43:29 PDT 2011

David Haines wrote:

> I wouldn't run or recommend running 2.7 or 2.8 in production
> without these fixes but, in fact, it is likely that many
> installations aren't big enough for this to make a problem in
> the short term.  Does it make any sense to release a 2.8.0
> "preview" on time and then a final with these fixes? 2.8 as it
> stands should be useful for preparing an installation of 2.8.

We have announced that we plan to release 2.8.0 at the end of
this month. There is little if any precedent for a "preview"
release, so we either need to decide if:

1) we need another delay get this into 2.8.0
2) we can wait until 2.8.1 to include this fix (and others)

If we commit to making this short-term problem (as in releasing
2.8.1 quickly), the question is no longer technical, I think we
can avoid a serious PR problem for this group as we have already
agreed to a month-long delay.

Seth