[sakai2-tcc] We need a blog tool for Sakai 2.9

Steve Swinsburg steve.swinsburg at gmail.com
Wed Mar 2 13:53:26 PST 2011

Hi all,

We've talked about this a lot but never actually got anywhere except to pull Blogger from the release. Whilst I understand the reason behind pulling an unsupported and dated tool, I do feel that not having a replacement is a sad state to get in. It reduces the feature set and makes Sakai as a product less competitive.

So I want to reignite the discussion for getting a blog tool in our sights for Sakai 2.9. We have time to get that tool through the incubation process, whatever that is.

AFAIK there are two candidates, Clog, and BlogWow.

https://confluence.sakaiproject.org/display/CLOG/Home
https://confluence.sakaiproject.org/display/BW/Home

I am happy to drive this process if no one else interested.

Thoughts?

regards,
Steve