[sakai2-tcc] Policy for merging in bug fixes to maintenance branches

Matthew Jones jonespm at umich.edu
Mon Jun 20 12:13:00 PDT 2011

For items that are clearly defined as bugs that affect previous releases,
they can be merged without discussion. Branch/release managers typically
will merge these into the appropriate branches that are flagged on jira. If
it is in a project that has a lead (like Samigo, OSP, Assignments) then that
lead will often do the merging. I don't think this process has changed much
from 2.5. [1]

A developer, usually the assignee or someone who has merged the fix locally
into their production instance, will flag the 2.?.x status on jira as
"Merge" so someone knows to merge it. If this person doing the merge has a
conflict or another question, they might push it back for clarification, but
generally it works pretty smooth. When all merges are done the issue can be
closed.

To volunteer yourself or one of your friends as a branch manager, you can
email arwhyte. ;)

[1]
https://confluence.sakaiproject.org/display/REL/Sakai+2.x+branch+management+cheat+sheet