[sakai2-tcc] TCC @ the Sakai LA Conference

May, Megan Marie mmmay at indiana.edu
Fri Jun 10 05:22:58 PDT 2011

Colleagues,

   The Annual conference is almost here!   While we are at the conference let's be sure to share the accomplishments of the TCC with as many attendees as possible as I think it's critically important to raise awareness of this group and the work it does.

Also, there are a few TCC related events that I want to be sure everyone is aware of

·         Sunday

o   Project Coordination Meeting 9am - 5:30pm in Santa Anita BC

·         Monday:

o   Discussion with the Board

§  A small group of us (Seth, Anthony, Beth and I) will be speaking with the board.

§  I will send out a summary of that discussion immediately afterword

o   Newcomers Reception 5:00 PM - 6:00 PM

§  Please plan to attend this reception if possible San Jose Room

·         Wednesday

o   Discussion with OAE Steering Group 1:15 PM - 2:15 PM in 1:15 PM - 2:15 PM

o   Meet the TCC Session    2:30 PM - 3:30 PM in Beaudry B.

§   I have provided a short outline of topics to touch on. It'd be great if different TCC members could touch on each of the topics (ie I'm taking volunteers :) )

·         Describe how the TCC was formed

·         Summarize the activities of the past year both from a technical and governance perspective.

·         Touch on informal self-evaluation & share formal evaluation

·         Summarize the Sakai 2.8 release activities

·         Report on the current planning around the Sakai 2.9 release in terms of scope, approach, and timeline.

·         Q & A

Time permitting, it would be great for the group to celebrate the accomplishments of the past year.   Perhaps a late night drink on Wednesday evening?

Looking forward to see you all,
Megan