[sakai2-tcc] Proposal: Face to Face Sakai 2.x Meeting Ann Arbor March 1, 2, 3

csev csev at umich.edu
Sun Jan 9 09:25:23 PST 2011

I would like to propose a *possible* face-to-face meeting of the Sakai CLE community and TCC to talk about 2.9 and other matters arising in Ann Arbor, MI during Spring Break March 1-3 (Tue-Thur).  For now this is PLANNING-ONLY.

We would hold the meeting in my awesome new building called the North Quad.  Unlike the Media Union (now Duderstadt Center), NQ is downtown right in the middle of the bars and restaurants.  There are four hotels within a block so a car is not necessary.  It is five blocks away from the Ann Arbor bus station if you are coming by bus.

Here is a Doodle Poll

http://www.doodle.com/6atuza5afxxs9ms7

In addition to your name, add a likelihood of coming (0.0 - 1.0) - for now this is ONLY PLANNING - we will only do this if there is a reasonable critical mass.  If this group gives a general thumbs up I will move the discussion to the dev-list.

Location

North Quad (a.k.a. Hogwarts NG)
http://www.annarbor.com/news/north-quad-ready-for-students/

Since it is break we will have tons of rooms for groups of 5-80.   We have about 10 rooms that are just open-scheduled conference rooms that have HDTV monitors.   There is a coffee shop in the building as well as a lunch cafeteria.  But since it is Spring break they might be closed - I will have to check on that.   In any case, there is two coffee shops < 1 block away including a Starbucks.  And ZIngermann's is five blocks away.

Map: http://tinyurl.com/um-nq-map
You can search nearby for hotels and coffee and look at the satellite view to get a sense of its location.

Lodging

Inn at the Michigan League
http://uunions.umich.edu/league/inn/
1 Block Away - $135

Ann Arbor Bed and Breakfast:
http://annarborbedandbreakfast.com/
1 Block away - $150-$209

Bell Tower Hotel:
1/2 Block away $185

Campus Inn:
1/2 block away - $204
http://www.campusinn.com/

Bars
http://www.ashleys.com/
http://www.arborbrewing.com/
http://www.arborbrewing.com/

I won't even bother trying to list the amazing restaurants with a four-block radius.  The best Cheese Fries in the world are a diagonal walk across campus - about four blocks away.

/Chuck