[sakai2-tcc] [maint] Maintenance Branches: Enhancement vs Bug Merges

David Haines dlhaines at umich.edu
Wed Jan 5 07:32:38 PST 2011

That's an appropriate concern but I suspect the effect of making the maintenance branches more active would be to increase the number of people willing to work on getting bug fixes into code.  If someone has good reason to think they can get an appropriate change into Sakai quickly (and so won't then get stuck maintaining their own maintenance branch until the next major release) then they are more likely to be able to justify the work to put in the work to test and integrate the change back into the Sakai source tree.

- Dave

David Haines
CTools Developer
Digital Media Commons