[sakai2-tcc] [maint] Maintenance Branches: Enhancement vs Bug Merges

Seth Theriault slt at columbia.edu
Mon Jan 3 07:45:23 PST 2011

On 1/3/11 10:09 AM, Beth Kirschner wrote:
> Happy New Year! The conversation on this thread died down
> weeks ago without a formal vote. The proposal is documented
> at:
> https://confluence.sakaiproject.org/display/TCC/Maintenance+Branch+Merge+Policy+%28tentative%29
>
>  I'd like to call for a vote...
>
> Thoughts?

I am still interested in what QA and RelMgmt have to say about
their ability to support the execution of this proposal. Even
though the "institution" doing the merging may be involved in the
testing, etc., there is no way that we can rely on it alone.

Perhaps an alternative is to turn over the maint branch to its
constituent users earlier than the release at which it becomes
"unsupported." This would certainly give more the interested
institutions and groups more freedom to do what they want.

Seth