[sakai2-tcc] Experimental 1.2 jsf branch

Mark Norton markjnorton at earthlink.net
Wed Feb 23 07:37:35 PST 2011

Sadly, I have little time to spend on dying UI technologies.  Though I
was proficient with JSF at one time (years ago), I've given up on it.
RSF was far better, though support for it is questionable these days.
Most of my work outside of Sakai uses JSP, using a development
methodology that avoids some of its problems (cryptic jsp files).

Regarding JSF, I'd be in favor of eliminating it from Sakai but
migrating Samigo to something else would be far more work than anyone
would want to contemplate.  I think they can best advise us on forward
migration of JSF.

- Mark