[sakai2-tcc] Experimental 1.2 jsf branch

Mark Norton markjnorton at earthlink.net
Wed Feb 23 07:02:23 PST 2011

On 2/23/2011 9:27 AM, David Horwitz wrote:
> 1) JSF 1.2 requires jsp-api 2.1 - this is deployed to common/lib

Although JSF is rather painful to work with, it does provide an
interesting feature that I have taken advantage of.  JSF supports JSP
rendering and control.  Although I'm sure it was intended as a legacy
support feature, it does enable JSP's to work in Sakai.  Aaron Z and I
played around with getting JSP to work in Sakai several years back, with
limited results.  The problem is buried in the Sakai RequestFilter
somewhere.  Regardless, JSF allows a developer to use JSP.  Another
reason to keep JSF in Sakai and make sure that we track JSF release the
best we can.

- Mark Norton