[sakai2-tcc] Proposal: Merging Small Enhancements into Maintenance Branches

John Bush john.bush at rsmart.com
Tue Feb 1 09:27:29 PST 2011

+1

As a side note regarding this:

Enhancement: JIRA tickets classified as anything other than BUG

It might make this process and a lot of other things easier if we
think about breaking all the things we categorize as "Tasks" into  at
least two separate types in JIRA.  We put everything from technical
tasks (like upgrade a dependent library) or refactor some
implementation, to enhancements in as Tasks.  Anyone who has tried to
put release notes together from this will realize how hard this makes
things.  End users don't care about all the low level technical stuff,
they just want the enhancements that affect functionality.  It's
really hard to get an enhancement list out of JIRA right now, with how
things are setup.

On Tue, Feb 1, 2011 at 10:15 AM, Noah Botimer <botimer at umich.edu> wrote:
> +1
>
> Thanks,
> -Noah
>
> On Jan 26, 2011, at 12:37 PM, Beth Kirschner wrote:
>
>> Hello fellow TCC'ers,
>>
>>   I think it's time to put this to a vote. The proposal is available in confluence at:
>>       https://confluence.sakaiproject.org/display/TCC/Maintenance+Branch+Merge+Policy+%28tentative%29
>>
>>   Please try to re-read the proposal as it stands today and vote within the next week (February 2nd).
>>
>> Thanks,
>> - Beth

John Bush
602-490-0470