[sakai2-tcc] TCC Voting ends Tomorrow!

Matthew Jones jonespm at umich.edu
Mon Aug 22 11:02:28 PDT 2011

I agree, as far as CKEditor and SAK-17886 is concerned:

- The positives of having CKEditor enabled really outweigh having the
citations helper tool enabled. I'd bet most schools likely don't even have
this tool correctly configured or placed.
  - Michigan even has removed the library search capability (UMICH-406) so
this plugin button doesn't even appear anymore in CTools
  - This makes it hard for Noah or myself to do any development on it.
Anyone who wants this functionality will either have to:
    - Port it to CKEditor themselves
    - Give us configuration to test it?
    - Just keep using FCKEditor as default (we can put this in the release
notes)

There's no reason to keep schools using an outdated editor just for this
functionality. I believe it's wouldn't be too hard to port this plugin, but
it's difficult to test, and we no longer have library search available
locally.

I wouldn't consider this a blocker. And believe that there would be enough
votes to include in an override.

-Matthew