[sakai2-tcc] VOTE: Adoption of 2.9 Release Schedule

Matthew Jones jonespm at umich.edu
Fri Aug 19 12:20:44 PDT 2011

I'm going to vote +0, just as a concerned note. I just believe in light of
current events that the freeze/initial release date might be a little too
soon to fully resolve all work related issues and the amount of time between
expected freeze and release (6 months) has always been pretty lengthy in the
past. Previously, not much real testing/work on the release seemed to start
anyway until after the holidays in January when the RC's started getting
released. I really believe not much testing was started until late
January/February when the "Test Fests" kicked off. [1]

I know stuff can get in during the code freeze and has in the past, but just
feel like it will be a lot more this time around and more work with less
people once it's cut.

[1] https://confluence.sakaiproject.org/display/QA/2.8+Test+Fest