[sakai2-tcc] DISCUSS: Tool Promotions & Deprecations for 2.9: News Feeds

Seth Theriault slt at columbia.edu
Wed Aug 10 06:59:23 PDT 2011

Beth Kirschner wrote:

> If we wanted to include the News Feeds as a core tool, it would
> be leap-frogging provisional (stealth) status -- perhaps
> introducing it as a stealthed tool would be better? Is there
> any dependency on the Sakai contrib wicket project, or does the
> new News Feeds pull directly from the Apache Wicket project?
> Who would be supporting the News Feeds tool? How many
> institutions are currently running this tool in production?

I have been using News Feeds for quite a while now. In my
experience, the thing just runs and is a major improvement over
the current tool.

Maintaining the beta wicketstuff-dojo artifact locally has been a
pet peeve of mine for a while (can't we get this in a repo
somewhere?) but that really goes straight to the heart of the
NFS-61.

Seth