[sakai2-tcc] FW: Your proposal for Sakai 2011 has been received

csev csev at umich.edu
Sun Apr 3 20:43:49 PDT 2011

Draft -

Meet the Sakai CLE Technical Coordination Committee

The Sakai CLE (2.x) Technical Coordination Committee (TCC) was formed in June 2010 to serve as a forum for the leading contributors of the Sakai CLE to work together and coordinate the efforts around the Sakai CLE product.  These efforts include making schedules for the development, code freeze, quality assurance, and release for the Sakai CLE code base.  This presentation will summarize the activities of the past year both from a technical and governance perspective.  We will describe how the TCC was formed and engaged in a formal self-evaluation six month into its life.  We will summarize the Sakai 2.7 and Sakai 2.8 release activities as well as report on the current planning around the Sakai 2.9 release in terms of scope, approach, and timeline.   After the achievements and plans of the Sakai CLE TCC are described there will be plenty of time for an open discussion between the TCC members and session attendees where attendees can raise any questions to the TCC and/or make any comments about the TCC.