[sakai2-tcc] ROLL CALL VOTE on Captcha support 2.8 for new accounts

Matthew Jones jonespm at umich.edu
Wed Sep 29 15:25:07 PDT 2010

Even though I believe by now you have the required majority my vote is also:
YES.

This is one of the issues I've been talking about emailing the TCC about;
getting backported features into "minor" releases of Sakai. This is we've
been discussing this locally at Michigan, among myself David Haines, Noah
and Anthony. Features that are easily disabled, that have TCC & MT support,
are run in production at member institutions are very good candidates.
Sometimes the distinction between feature and bug is slight, especially if
it concerns performance, workflow, accessibility or usability. Many schools
won't upgrade to a new version for at *least* a year, but often can pick up
a minor every few months.

I'll work this out and send it around, but I believe in reviewing the
CAPTCHA JIRA's it this fits this description.

I don't like the property names though mentioned on (SAK-12489). They
'appear' to be restricted to the login tool, they should probably be
prefixed with user rather than in the global property space.

recaptcha.public-key=acsiiPublicKey
recaptcha.private-key=acsiiPrivateKey
recaptcha.enabled=true