[sakai2-tcc] ROLL CALL VOTE on Captcha support 2.8 for new accounts

May, Megan Marie mmmay at indiana.edu
Wed Sep 29 14:47:36 PDT 2010

No

-----Original Message-----
From: sakai2-tcc-bounces at collab.sakaiproject.org [mailto:sakai2-tcc-bounces at collab.sakaiproject.org] On Behalf Of Seth Theriault
Sent: Wednesday, September 29, 2010 9:31 AM
To: sakai2-tcc at collab.sakaiproject.org
Subject: [sakai2-tcc] ROLL CALL VOTE on Captcha support 2.8 for new accounts

Hello,

[Please read this carefully as we are in a bit of uncharted territory here.]

Steve Swinsburg's proposal to include Captcha support in 2.8 received a -1 vote. Pursuant to our governance documents, the -1 vote is "blocking" but can be overridden by a 2/3 majority roll call vote of active TCC members.

This is a public, on-list vote on the following question:

"Shall the TCC override the -1 vote cast during regular voting and include the Swinsburg Captcha support proposal in 2.8?"

Active TCC members will vote "YES" or "NO" where "YES" is a vote to override the -1 blocker vote and approve the 2.8 Captcha proposal.

There are currently 15 active TCC members -- see below -- so there must be 10 YES votes to override.

Voting is now OPEN until 23:59 UTC TOMORROW, Thursday, 30 September 2010.

NOTE: In the interest of time and given the significant previous discussion, the voting period is SHORTER than usual.

I encourage all TCC members to cast a vote.

Seth

-----

List of active TCC members (at 29 September 2010):

Alan Berg