[sakai2-tcc] Captcha support 2.8 for new accounts

Noah Botimer botimer at umich.edu
Tue Sep 28 06:01:57 PDT 2010

I agree with this and will add that we had a significant lack of clarity around 2.8 until near/after the conference. It was not an appropriately measured process throughout, so a bit of careful subjectivity will serve us well. This doesn't mean anything goes; just that we gathered to bring together good judgment and progressively add the structure that we saw lacking.

Feature identification, work, ramp down, and freeze were simply not on the calendar long or specifically enough for everything that we should ship to be handled 100%. If we see a very hard-nosed release in our future, now is the time to start that process with clear milestones -- for some release beyond 2.8.

Thanks,
-Noah