[sakai2-tcc] Proposal: how to get rid of the properties documentation staleness in 2.8

Jean-Francois Leveque jean-francois.leveque at upmc.fr
Thu Sep 9 02:16:51 PDT 2010

Hi all,

I'm afraid the current properties documentation is stale.

Sometimes is even seems plain wrong.

My proposal to solve this follows:
1) It should be clear that code owners (Leads, MT members, Kernel
members) of each part of the code included in the Sakai release should
document each property their code is using. This includes both that
their code is using the property and what the property does if it's not
properly documented.
2) Not documenting should be considered at least a major issue in JIRA.
3) A review of the current state should be part of QA.

I know it must be a burden for code owners in the current state of
properties documentation, but this has to be at least started for 2.8.
Hope others may help them in this.

Could involve myself in the review if we reach a consensus and this is
included in our 2.8 plans.

What do you think?

Cheers,

J-F