[sakai2-tcc] ROLL CALL VOTE on inclusion of S3/Nakamura Hybrid work in 2.8

Anthony Whyte arwhyte at umich.edu
Wed Oct 13 10:14:54 PDT 2010

Yes, I understand the binary nature of these votes and the limitations they impose in a world where all-or-nothing are not the only options.  I also think the original proposal shifted somewhat in the course of discussion with the suggestion of a third way (patches in, hybrid module out).  I think we could/should have constructed the ballot with a bit of conditional logic that asked those TCC members who voted no on the original proposition to vote on retaining the hybrid patches to login and providers committed to 2.8.x (in order to keep calls for votes to a minimum).

Given the voting so far, there is a real possibility that I may have to knock together a proposal for retaining the patches that might force another round of voting if someone opposes leaving them in 2.8.x.  C'est la vie.

. . .
if (!hybrid) {
	system.out.println("Please vote on retaining login and provider patches added to 2.8.x")
}

I'll vote on the original question in my next email.

Cheers,

Anth