[sakai2-tcc] Addition proposal: Shared i18n

Seth Theriault slt at columbia.edu
Wed Oct 13 05:20:26 PDT 2010

Jean-Francois Leveque wrote:

> My opinion is that such changes are bug fixes and I didn't think I
> needed to follow the addition proposal process. AFAICT, I was
> requested to submit this as a proposal. Feel free to quickly ask
> questions or make comments before a vote is requested.
>
> I also thought changes such as those in SAK-16738 were small String
> changes and could still happen between Code and String Freeze. If you
> think differently, vote against the proposal so I don't hurry to fix
> things that won't make it into 2.8.

Thanks again for presenting this again in detail on the list so that
everyone could read it over carefully.

If you have found some tool leads who have agreed to change their code
to take advantage of SAK-15037 (ability to use shared strings), I don't
think you need a vote to do that as long as you can back it out without
issues if problems arise.

I know that sounds like heresy, but I think you and the other
internationalization experts are closer to the code.

Seth