[sakai2-tcc] ROLL CALL VOTE on inclusion of Notification Preferences work in 2.8

Seth Theriault slt at columbia.edu
Tue Oct 12 18:47:56 PDT 2010

Hello,

[Please read this carefully.]

Chris Maurer's proposal to include "the ability for a tool to register
itself as having notification preferences" in 2.8 received -1 votes.
Pursuant to our governance documents, a -1 vote is "blocking" but can be
overridden by a 2/3 majority roll call vote of active TCC members.

The proposal has been discussed on the TCC list and is more fully
described at:

http://confluence.sakaiproject.org/display/TCC/List+of+Planned+2.8.0+Changes
http://jira.sakaiproject.org/browse/SAK-18559
http://jira.sakaiproject.org/browse/KNL-585

This is a public, on-list vote on the following question:

"Shall the TCC override the -1 votes cast during regular voting and
include the Maurer Notification Preferences proposal in 2.8?"

Active TCC members will vote "YES" or "NO" where "YES" is a vote to
override the -1 blocker vote and approve the Notification Preferences
proposal for inclusion in 2.8.

Voting is OPEN until 23:59 UTC, TOMORROW, WEDNESDAY, 13 October 2010.

NOTE: In the interest of time and given the significant previous
discussion, the voting period is SHORTER than usual.

There are currently 15 active TCC members -- see below -- so there must
be 10 YES votes to override.

I encourage all TCC members to cast a vote.

Seth

-----

List of active TCC members (at 12 October 2010):

Alan Berg