[sakai2-tcc] Cross cutting concerns and prompt patching during a major release

Jean-Francois Leveque jean-francois.leveque at upmc.fr
Tue Nov 30 06:58:42 PST 2010

There are already documented best practices in
http://confluence.sakaiproject.org/display/I18N/Best+Practices+for+Internationalized+Tools+in+Sakai

They may not be complete (cover every dev use case) but it seems that,
most of the time, new developments aren't done using them and old code
is not reviewed by owners to account for them.

I will gladly help improve the best practices for more dev use case
coverage, but it seems very few devs mind because they haven't asked any
question about this documentation for cases not covered.

Maybe we should ask devs to document how their code is internationalized
first instead of having to find ourselves and be disappointed. Could
this be requested for new releases?

J-F