[sakai2-tcc] Override Votes

csev csev at umich.edu
Tue Nov 16 10:16:01 PST 2010

I also think that things were exaggerated a bit because of the code freeze.  The recent spate votes and overrides were not so much about functionality, roadmap or even technical direction.  Instead, they were about allowing an "exception to the code freeze".

That is why we had them one after another and why we needed quick resolution so we could get the freeze completed and move into QA.

I think as we face non-freeze technical issues with less of a time constraint - the discussions will be more robust and we will have a chance to explore positions and ideas much more fully and not get to "call the question" so quickly.

In a sense, for better or worse, our process got us through the freeze issues pretty quickly and deterministically.  I think that we should be a bit proud of that - my gut sense is that while we can improve our approach, we are already doing a better job shepherding releases in 2.8 than was don in 2.6 or 2.7.

That is a plus.

/Chuck