[sakai2-tcc] [Building Sakai] UI frameworks WAS> Re: [Management] Gradebook Situation

Steve Swinsburg steve.swinsburg at gmail.com
Fri Jul 30 00:48:27 PDT 2010

Hi Mike,

I wasn't commenting on the viability of GWT as a framework, just remarking on the comment that since GWT is mentioned the most then that implies everyone is using it and hence it's the most obvious candidate. FWIW, Wicket can do all those items you mentioned as well and one could argue that since two core tools are using Wicket, then it is the most obvious choice.

Mark made a valid point earlier that this discussion has gone on for years and never reached consensus so I doubt it will reach consensus again, without losing developers. If one framework was chosen, what's to stop someone from creating the hooks necessary to develop in another framework.

I'm especially interested in a decent review of these frameworks, that is, if a server side framework is a direction we want to take, considering the long history of Sakai 3 apps being client side.

cheers,
Steve