[sakai2-tcc] [Building Sakai] [Management] Gradebook Situation

Noah Botimer botimer at umich.edu
Wed Jul 28 09:56:47 PDT 2010

I should also be clear, here. Though we may be able to distribute the library under the exception with the Sakai community release under ECLv2, this would be a burrowed problem for our commercial partners. They could relicense the whole of Sakai except for this little bit, which is included contingent on the larger work's license.

This would be severe overhead, likely to force partners to remove and distribute GB2 separately. As my colleague Matt Jones just pointed out, this is a place where we would get some mileage out of a solid packaging/installation mechanism. Maybe there is enough value in GB2 to drive investment in such overdue infrastructure.

Thanks,
-Noah