[sakai2-tcc] Sakai 2.5 status

May, Megan Marie mmmay at indiana.edu
Wed Jul 21 13:00:10 PDT 2010

I agree with Anthony's recommendation.

-----Original Message-----
From: sakai2-tcc-bounces at collab.sakaiproject.org [mailto:sakai2-tcc-bounces at collab.sakaiproject.org] On Behalf Of Anthony Whyte
Sent: Tuesday, July 20, 2010 10:51 AM
To: Seth Theriault
Cc: sakai2-tcc at collab.sakaiproject.org
Subject: Re: [sakai2-tcc] Sakai 2.5 status

I just sent a draft email to the Security WG partly in regards this topic.

My recommendations:

1.  Continue to merge security-related fixes to 2.5.x until 2.6.3/2.7.1 are released.  I've recommended that the latter be released jointly no later than the second week of August.  We should debate this general date as necessary.
2.  Consider all non-security merges to 2.5.x as purely voluntary work and not a requirement for any branch manager to undertake.
3.  Given our resource constraints as well as community traditions, no community-sponsored 2.5.7 release will occur.

In other words, notwithstanding any security fixes we choose to merge to 2.5.x, we are done with the 2.5 series.  In my opinion we have met our Denver goal, thanks largely to Steve Swinsburg.

If there are people/institutions in the Sakai Community who wish to maintain 2.5.x bully for them but our focus lies elsewhere.  It's to the horizon we should be looking, not to our wake.

Cheers,

Anth