[sakai2-tcc] Depreciation of the Profile tool

Steve Swinsburg steve.swinsburg at gmail.com
Sun Dec 12 16:37:15 PST 2010

I'm awake but more importantly I finally have a net connection (moved house, no 3g coverage).

I haven't tested this approach yet but it should work. This would mean that the Profile2 assembly deploys an additional jar to shared/lib, that being the classic profile API jar. We can then drop the profile classic assembly altogether since it is an indie. The tool, help and components would then be dropped also.

The Roster work that Lancs were doing was going to remove this dependency altogether as the integration is EntityBroker based, but its not there yet. And I don't think anyone has the resources to adjust the current Roster to make it EB based.

What are your thoughts?

cheers,
Steve