[sakai2-tcc] Filtering Content served from CHS

Aaron Zeckoski aaronz at vt.edu
Fri Dec 10 08:00:04 PST 2010

Ah, OK, so here is the use case I have in mind.
-----
I am system admin (or tool writer) and I need to add a custom bit to
the top of every page (like some CSS or JS). I don't want to have to
rebuild the system just to add a JS or CSS include but I can probably
manage something fairly straightforward like a provider or a config
option.
-----

It seems like something like this where I might create a filter and
include it with my tool would work EXCEPT that my filter might be
ignored. Then I get to spend hours explaining to people why the filter
I provided won't work with some other filter they made locally or
another filter provided by a 3rd party.

Maybe this needs a different solution where we setup something in the
portal and the default filter here will also respect the stuff the
portal is using but a system where my part that I added might just be
ignored seems like a maint nightmare.
Also, that detection of already provided stuff seems like it could be
a real pain when/if it fails and would be a maint burden on the core
Sakai team.

Am I mistaken on these?
-AZ

--