[sakai2-tcc] Need a public announcement regarding 2.6.3/2.7.1 release

Matthew Jones jonespm at umich.edu
Tue Aug 31 16:01:44 PDT 2010

Tested the 2.6.3/2.7.1 binary and demo today. They both worked out good with
only a few minor issues. Will run through the source tomorrow. Anthony had
requested this to be tested under Java 1.5, and it will take some time to
compile, so that won't happen today.

Some observations, overall minor:

   - Theres a __MACOSX folder in the sakai-demo-2.6.3.zip with a single file
   in it
   - sakai-bin-2.6.3.zip has an ERROR for "Please set
   smtp at org.sakaiproject.email.api.EmailService value in sakai.properties".
   None of the other ones I tested had this error in the logs.
   - On windows there's no logging to files (just console) at all without a
   custom *common/classes/log4j.conf*. Perhaps for the demo we should put
   this a sample there and add this information to the demo_readme.txt
   - Also the binary doesn't startup without a setenv.bat that has enough
   memory settings. It should be obvious that someone would look at the install
   guide when they move to binary, but perhaps not.

Additional details and the src part when I fill that out on the google doc:
Includes the conf files I used so hopefully I won't have to remember these
again next round.
https://docs.google.com/document/pub?id=1P6pYBlq6kfaHMZ4sgZp57Yl1i5Ixd5c57QphBg5tr6Y