[sakai2-tcc] Roster tool changes

csev csev at umich.edu
Fri Aug 20 09:43:44 PDT 2010

On Aug 20, 2010, at 12:03 PM, John Bush wrote:

> My two cents re: feasibility of including this in the 2.8 release?
>
> I'm with Megan, I don't think there time for enough production
> experience.  I think I'd feel different if this was crucial
> functionality that we don't have that everybody wants, but that's not
> the case here, its a re-write.

I will just say this kind of quietly in terms of the 2.9 release versus the 2.8 release...

Part of the reason to me to want to rush on the 2.8 release (i.e. not delaying for new features) is to give us a *lot* of time to work on 2.9 - in essence we can work on 2.9 from January - September of next year.

Depending on how things go, I could see the 2.9 release including a number of significant UI improvements and even a few new tools that will make Sakai 2.x much stronger in the marketplace.

So the theme of the 2.8 release is more "get it done quickly and get the code nice and solid" - and the theme of the 2.9 release is "get coordinated and kick some a**".

So to me, each week or month we slip 2.8 is a week or month we lose to really work on 2.9.

/Chuck