[sakai2-tcc] Proposal: release sakai-2.6.3/sakai-2.7.1

Anthony Whyte arwhyte at umich.edu
Wed Aug 18 13:03:37 PDT 2010

I propose that we release sakai-2.7.1 and sakai-2.6.3, subject to confirmation that SAK-14202 has been properly addressed (Stephen Marquard reported issues with the fix a couple of hours ago).

Please review the summary below.  If there are any tickets that you believe should be fixed and included in these releases please point them out.

You should also check out both sakai-2.6.3 and sakai-2.7.1 branches and install each, preferably against an empty .m2/org/sakaiproject portion of your local Maven2 repo and then deploy them to Tomcat 5.5.30.  Click around, check your favorite tools, etc.

I polled the Security WG earlier this week relative to releasing 2.6.3/2.7.1 and so far there are no objections.

The voting period start date/time I leave for the TCC chair to determine.  However, I request that it be initiated as soon as we can confirm the status of SAK-14202.

Cheers,

Anthony
Release Lead

SAKAI 2.6.3/KERNEL 1.0.18

svn co https://source.sakaiproject.org/svn/sakai/branches/sakai-2.6.3

Conversion scripts have been created and tested.

sakai-2.6.3 fixes  (3 unresolved issues are RM-related)

http://jira.sakaiproject.org/browse/SAK/fixforversion/11670

* 2.6 open issues (blocker, critical)

http://jira.sakaiproject.org/secure/IssueNavigator.jspa?mode=hide&requestId=12087

* These issues will be bumped to 2.6.4 along with other open major, minor and trivial tickets except for the rollup security issue (SAK-18729)

kernel-1.0.18 fixes

http://jira.sakaiproject.org/browse/KNL/fixforversion/11937

SAKAI 2.7.1/KERNEL-1.1.9

svn co https://source.sakaiproject.org/svn/sakai/branches/sakai-2.7.1/

All indies have now been released.  Each has a purepom <parent>, version 2.7.8, which provides dependencies on kernel-1.1.9 and entitybroker-1.3.15.  Versions included in the release can be reviewed here (as well as in your empty .m2 repo after you install 2.7.1).

Conversion scripts have been created and tested.

http://confluence.sakaiproject.org/display/REL/sakai-2.7.1

sakai-2.7.1 fixes

http://jira.sakaiproject.org/browse/SAK/fixforversion/11832

** 2.7 open issues (blocker, critical)

http://jira.sakaiproject.org/secure/IssueNavigator.jspa?mode=hide&requestId=12323

** These issues will be bumped to 2.7.2 along with other open major, minor and trivial tickets.

kernel-1.1.9 fixes

http://jira.sakaiproject.org/browse/KNL/fixforversion/11868