[Using Sakai] Add Roster permission

Neal Caidin neal.caidin at apereo.org
Tue Feb 24 09:46:40 PST 2015

Hi Jim,

What version of Sakai are you using?

I just tried on one of our nightly servers [1] (trunk, aka most recent
Sakai updates) and I got what I expected. The Add Roster(s) button is there
for me whether I log in as "instructor" (one of our demo accounts which is
associated with existing demo courses) or as a custom non-demo account.

Under "instructor" , the Add Roster(s) button will show me rosters
associated with the instructor, as expected. As a custom account, creating
a new site, I get the message "No rosters listing you as instructor have
been found for the term you have selected".  The expected behaviors seem to
be there.

This sounds like it might be getting into a technical question. If you
don't get an answer here, I recommend posting to either our production list
[2], which is about administering Sakai from a technical perspective, or
our developer list [3], which is just what it sounds like. Generally
speaking, the more details the better, for community members to be able to
provide guidance and information.

[1] Nightly servers (I tested with Trunk on Oracle) -
http://nightly2.sakaiproject.org

[2] Sakai production list -
https://groups.google.com/a/apereo.org/d/forum/sakai-production
sakai-production+subscribe at apereo.org