[Using Sakai] WebDAV & Sakai

alaanizar alaanizar at iihem.ac.ma
Sat Feb 14 14:30:04 PST 2015

Sometimes in the process of setting up sakai, we learned that sending files over webdav DOED NOT respect the QUOTA.

May be that's why some institutions may remove it or disable it

Alaa NIZAR

Envoyé depuis un mobile Samsung.

I've heard that for those who do not use WebDAV, they find a feature which allows a zip file to be uploaded and unzipped on the server, and also allows for zipping up the folder/file structure of some or all folder/files in Resources and downloading them in zip fashion...

I say "heard of" because this feature has been disabled on our hosted Sakai server and I haven't had time yet to dig into all the whys and wherefors. Certainly we wouldn't deprecate WebDAV without providing another way, such as zip/unzip to do bulk moves of files?

Apart from zip/unzip , how many people find browser drop and drag reliable? (Or am I recapping conversation that took place already?)

Laura Gekeler
LMS Administrator //Concurrent Instructor
Teaching and Learning Technologies
University of Notre Dame
P:(1) 574-631-2402