[Using Sakai] WebDAV & Sakai

Laura Gekeler LGekeler at nd.edu
Sat Feb 14 13:43:39 PST 2015

Now that I've paused for a respectful moment of silence over WebCT ....

I've heard that for those who do not use WebDAV, they find a feature which
allows a zip file to be uploaded and unzipped on the server, and also
allows for zipping up the folder/file structure of some or all folder/files
in Resources and downloading them in zip fashion...

I say "heard of" because this feature has been disabled on our hosted Sakai
server and I haven't had time yet to dig into all the whys and wherefors.
Certainly we wouldn't deprecate WebDAV without providing another way, such
as zip/unzip to do bulk moves of files?

Apart from zip/unzip , how many people find browser drop and drag reliable?
(Or am I recapping conversation that took place already?)

Laura Gekeler
LMS Administrator //Concurrent Instructor
Teaching and Learning Technologies
University of Notre Dame
P:(1) 574-631-2402