[Using Sakai] WebDAV & Sakai

Neal Caidin neal.caidin at apereo.org
Thu Feb 12 13:13:57 PST 2015

What version of Sakai are you using?
What operating system are you using WebDav on (Mac OS X, Windows 7, Windows
8, etc.)?

I know a lot of work has gone into making WebDav work with Sakai, but it
hasn't been easy. A lot of times the backup plan has been to use a 3rd
party tool for the WebDav connection, like Cyberduck (seems to be the most
popular). I assume that the problem is more on the WebDav technology than
Sakai technology but not being a "guru" , I can not say definitively.

Starting with Sakai 10, we added drag and drop for Resources and that has
proved to be a popular alternative to WebDav and easier to use. In Chrome,
one can drag whole folders over. Other browsers individual files.

-- Neal