[Using Sakai] Student Administrator

James J Kleeh jjkleeh at ysu.edu
Thu Feb 5 05:54:10 PST 2015

Hello All,

I am trying to set up permissions for a student administrator. The student essentially should have instructor rights in every site, but should not have rights to the main administrator functions like Email Templates, Become User, Job Scheduler etc etc. Has anyone done this in the past? We are using Sakai 10.

This was a message sent to this mailing list about 3 years ago, however the problem is that the user in the "Junior Admin" site can't see the full list of all of the sites under worksite setup as the regular administrators can. I would appreciate any insight here.

If you want a simple junior admin like role, you just need to create a
role in the !site.helper realm (name it something like "junior admin")
and give it the permissions you want.  Then just add user's to that
realm to give those user's those permissions throughout all sites in
Sakai.  Next, create a Junior Admin site and create a role for that
site that is the exact name as the site.helper role you created (ie.
"junior admin"), then enroll them in that site as that role.  Do not
add the "Become User" tool to that site since they can become a super
admin.

Thanks!

James Kleeh
Youngstown State University